*The details of insurance coverage are subject to change without advanced notice.
For details about insurance coverage please contact the individual car rental companies.
*The English page for the insurance and Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) are for reference purposes only.
If there happen to be discrepancies or contradictions between the Japanese and English versions, the Japanese version will be considered correct.
Please be advised that misunderstandings as a result of the translations will not make Pam LLC or the rental car companies liable under any circumstances.
Insurance coverage/Budget Rent a Car
For your peace of mind while driving, Budget offers Peace of Mind insurance coverage.
|Bodily injury liability
||Unlimited coverage per person (including 30,000,000 yen from compulsory automobile liability insurance)
||Unlimited per accident (50,000 yen deductible)
(However, this excludes partner agencies, other franchises, and locations on isolated islands etc.)
||Current value of the vehicle, per accident (50,000 yen deductible)
*For passenger vehicles above JE, or JB- vehicles
Specialty vehicles above and including A class, minivans above and including WA class, wagons, microbuses, trucks above and including TC class, and specific-use vehicles have a 100,000 yen deductible
|Personal injury protection
||Maximum of 30,000,000 yen per person
(Including long-term disability, injury, and death)
|Permanent disability coverage
||Depending on the severity, the death compensation settlement is within set limits.
The applicable regions for the above personal injury compensation are outlined in the personal injury coverage.
For accidents such as those meeting the following conditions, damages or maintenance fees are to be paid by the customer. In such a case, the abovementioned safety insurance coverage, included in the basic fee, and the Collision Damage Waiver (for property, vehicle) will not be applicable.
- Damages exceeding the covered amounts
- Damages caused by operators other than the one stated in the contract (drivers not reported to our company)
- Surpassing rental period without notification, driving while intoxicated, subleasing, etc.
- Failure to notify police of the occurrence of an accident
- An out of court settlement is reached without the consent of the rental company
- Accidents that pertain to items not covered in the insurance contract
- Accidents in violation of the rental contract
- Flat tires/tire damage, locking keys in the vehicle, loss of keys/hubcap loss, Damage resulting from improper use of chains or carriers, damage due to interior mess/damage due to errant stones/loss of equipment, car being stolen when the keys were left in the vehicle, etc.
Please refrain from having animals (cats, dogs, etc.) as passengers. If for some reason this is unavoidable, the customer will be responsible for a cleaning fee.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
- Tabirai Car Rental Plans all include Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) insurance fees.
*This is not insurance
In the event of an accident
As long as the accident corresponds to an item that is covered in the insurance contract (i.e. not exempt from coverage), deductibles for property and vehicle accidents will be exempt. However, during the vehicle repair period a non-operation charge (NOC) will be charged to compensate the business for lost operational time.
- Rental car can propel itself back to be returned to the branch of reservation: 20,000 yen
- Rental car cannot propel itself back to be returned to the branch of reservation: 50,000 yen
Vehicle/property Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) fee
|For classes other than the following
||1,404 yen per day
|minivans of class WA and above, wagons, microbuses, trucks of class TC and above, specific-use vehicles
||2,484 yen per day
*for rentals up to one month, the price will be calculated using only up to 15 days worth of fees.