*The details of insurance coverage are subject to change without advanced notice.
For details about insurance coverage please contact the individual car rental companies.
*The English page for the insurance and Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) are for reference purposes only.
If there happen to be discrepancies or contradictions between the Japanese and English versions, the Japanese version will be considered correct.
Please be advised that misunderstandings as a result of the translations will not make Pam LLC or the rental car companies liable under any circumstances.
Insurance coverage/ORIX Rent a Car
Compensation included in the rental fee
ORIX Rent a Car's vehicles are covered by insurance, provided seatbelts are worn during operation of the vehicle. (Included in the rental fee)
*Please slide the scroll bar
|Bodily injury liability
||Maximum amount per person
||Maximum amount per accident
||Unlimited (50,000 yen deductible)
||Maximum amount per accident
Market price (Deductible: Trailers, Accessorised cars and Minibus - 100,000 yen/ Trucks over 2t and Double cab - 70,000 yen/ Other class - 50,000 yen)
|Personal injury protection
Reparations for injuries sustained by passengers (including death and permanent disabilities) are covered regardless of the fault of the vehicle operator. The reparations will be based on the insurance agreement with the insurance company.
- Deductibles are sums of money that will be charged in order to receive compensation for property and vehicle claims.
Cases where coverage does not apply
Accidents that occur while driving in ways such as the following or in situations such as those that follow are not covered.
- driving without a seatbelt
- a police report is not submitted at the scene of the accident (a police accident report can not be obtained)
- an out of court settlement is reached among the involved parties
- the rental agency is not contacted from the scene of the accident
- an accident occurs after the rental time is exceeded without notification
- the vehicle operator is not the primary or secondary driver(s) listed on the contract
- drunk driving
- driving without a license
- damage that occurred as a result of theft
- operating the vehicle over the passenger capacity
- operating the vehicle on a beach, river, in a forest, or anywhere other than a road (accidents occurring in places other than maintained roads)
- maintenance fees for damage to the body of the car etc. or corrosion due to careless use of the vehicle
- use for tests of all varieties, competitions, towing or pushing other vehicles
- damage caused to a rental vehicle caused by a vehicle privately owned, maintained or used by the customer
- destruction of signboards etc. or rental cars within the bounds of the rental car agency
- breakdown due to errors in operation
- damage to the interior of the vehicle
- damage to the tire chains, ski carrier etc.
- damage to tires, flat tires or loss of hubcaps
- violating our company's rental agreement
- other accidents exempt in the insurance agreement
Exemptions for fees the customer is responsible for to receive insurance coverage compensation (deductibles)
- Tabirai Car Rental Plans all include Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) insurance fees.
(Special agreement/Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) system)
If the customer opts for this system, in the event of an accident, they are exempt from paying deductibles.
|E-class or higher, RVE class or higher, Microbus
||2,160 yen per 24 hours
|Classes other than the above
||1,080 yen per 24 hours
- The prices shown include tax
- For rental contracts from 15 days to a month, the price will be the price for a 15 day period, and the compensation will be for the length of the contract
- Parts of the vehicle other than the storage compartments of trailers are covered by vehicle compensation, and are not applicable to the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW). (The Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) covers the storage compartments of trailers.)
Accidents caused by the following traffic violations are not covered by the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW).
- Accidents resulting from speeding over the posted speed limit
- Crossing over a yellow center line on a road where passing is prohibited, resulting in an accident.
- Accidents resulting from ignoring a traffic signal
- Accidents resulting from neglecting to stop at a stop sign
- Accidents resulting from right turns or u-turns in places where such actions are prohibited.
Non-operation charge（NOC） *Differs from the above coverage.
In the event that an accident resulting in damage occurs during the use of a rental car, regardless of the extent of the damage or the time required for repairs, a non-operation charge will be charged to compensate for the business’s operational time lost.
|Vehicle is returned to the place of reservation (vehicle is able to drive)
|Vehicle is not returned to the place of reservation (vehicle is unfit to drive)
- If a Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is purchased, the non-operation charge will still be charged.
- The fees for transportation of a vehicle to a wrecker are the responsibility of the customer.